As if Feeling the Aroma of Sandalwood
- The hideaway resort, Byakudan, with 16 rooms with open-air baths with natural hot springs was built in about 12,000 square meters of deciduous forest among the tranquil Hakone Gora mountains.
- Surrounded by the backdrop of the Hakone mountain range, Byakudan is constructed to fully incorporate the blessings of nature, with detailed and daring Japanese facilities and furnishings by artisans who are masters in the world of modern Japanese design.
- The baths are drawn from a spring tower with steam rising from it on the premises, drawing golden colored natural hot spring water filled with healing minerals and supplying all the open-air baths in the each guest rooms and large public baths directly from the source.
- The cuisine starts with carefully selected ingredients focusing on seafood from Manazuru and Sagami Bay as well as seasonal ingredients from the blessings of the Kanagawa mountains, and is cooked through hours of careful preparation and to serve you with the most creative and authentic KAISEKI Cuisine.
- The resort's name, Byakudan, was named for the Japanese name of sandalwood, the rare fragrant tree, which has captured people's minds since ancient times with its elegance and refined aroma.
- 「Sandalwood is used as an ingredient for many perfumes due to its noble aroma, and its natural benefits include calming the mind, increasing immunity, antibacterial purification, and relieving bodily pains. Hoping to maintain the spirit of the benefits of sandalwood while providing sincere hospitality, we are waiting for you to come visit us.